Exploring the amenities in today’s senior living communities can be a fun part of your senior living search. You’ll likely discover more activities and services than you can imagine or even need. It’s helpful to visit the community to get a feel for the culture and take a closer look at what might interest you.
Today’s Senior Living Amenities and Services
As you research senior living websites or visit communities in person, take note of what you find and highlight what is most important to you or your loved one. Make sure to ask questions about what amenities and services are included in the monthly fees and which ones incur additional costs.
Here are some of the amenities and services you can expect to find in senior living.
- Full activity calendar of events, outings, and classes
- Activity and common rooms
- Resident interest clubs and activities
- Electronic entry locks
- Soft-close kitchen cabinets
- Open-concept living spaces
- Movie theaters
- Bistros and cafés
- Indoor and outdoor pools
- Fitness centers
- Courtyards for outdoor dining
- Community gardens
- Formal dining rooms
- Housekeeping and linen services
- Interior and exterior maintenance services
- Scheduled transportation
- 24-hour emergency response
- Salon and day spa
- Dog park and dog wash
- Concierge services
- Three chef-prepared meals each day
- Meal delivery service
Senior Living Options and Levels of Care
While it’s fun to check out the bells and whistles of senior living, you’ll want to ensure your daily needs are met. Are you looking for a community that provides three meals each day? Ask what meals are included in the monthly fee. Have you given up driving and depend on others for transportation? If so, you’ll want to find out what transportation services are available to residents.
Many senior living communities offer a continuum of care where the changing needs of residents are met through a variety of services. Some common levels of care include independent living, assisted living, and memory care.
- Independent living – residents live independently but appreciate access to emergency response and numerous activities and amenities
- Assisted living – residents usually need some assistance with activities of daily living, like bathing, dressing, or medication management
- Memory care – residents typically require a safe, secure environment with specialized activities and 24-hour staffing
You’ll usually have a few different floor plans to choose from under each level of care. Living options vary from private studio apartments to two-bedroom luxury apartments or homes. You may also see one-bedroom apartments or shared suites.
Life at Sonrisa Assisted Living
If you’re looking at options for senior living, we invite your family to visit Sonrisa Assisted Living, designed to support your loved ones to live their highest quality of life.
We offer studio and one-bedroom private apartments for our assisted living residents as well as private or shared memory care suites for those living with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.
Our memory care residents are cared for by our compassionate and specially trained team — who meet them wherever they are in their journey with patience and kindness. The residents also have access to customized activities, programs, and an elevated secured courtyard.
Our amenities and services encourage our residents in assisted living to engage with others, remain as independent as possible, and be reassured that help is available whenever needed.
In addition to our personalized services, we offer:
- Assisted Living dining room, bistro and two sitting lounge/living room areas
- Memory Care living and dining room
- Elegantly designed common areas
- Fitness and wellness center with physical and occupational therapy room
- A commercial kitchen
- Barber and beauty salon in both assisted living and memory care areas
- 24-hour on-duty care staff
- Secured community
- Art room
- Multipurpose room
- Large state‐of‐the‐art theater
- A large secured Assisted Living and separate Memory Care courtyard with walking paths
- On‐grade parking for immediate use of visitors and staff
- Dog Park
If your family is considering retirement living, we hope you will visit Sonrisa Assisted Living. We are a trusted resource and are here to answer any questions. Contact us today to learn more and schedule a tour.
You may also download our complimentary brochure to get additional details about Sonrisa Assisted Living.